[SIGCIS-Members] Tree diagrams in computer science and other fields (i.e. genealogy)

Allan Olley allan.olley at utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 26 17:00:03 PDT 2020

Hello,
 	I don't imagine it is a better reference than those already
supplied. However I recall a presentation by noted Canadian philosopher
Ian Hacking on the history and uses of tree diagrams including in logic
and genealogy. It was a sideline for him and I think it may have been more
speculative than rigorous but perhaps of some interest.
 	A quick search suggests he published the results in an essay
"Trees of logic, trees of porphyry" in Advancements of Learning Essays in
honour of Paolo Rossi, 2007, (
https://www.worldcat.org/title/advancements-of-learning-essays-in-honour-of-paolo-rossi/oclc/173071528
)

--