[SIGCIS-Members] Tree diagrams in computer science and other fields (i.e. genealogy)

Theodora Vardouli, Prof. theodora.vardouli at mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 26 14:39:26 PDT 2020

Hi Bernard,

Fantastic question, following this thread with eager interest! May I suggest some of my work as an account specific to design and architecture: My MIT dissertation<https://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/113917> was on graphs (trees, lattices, networks etc) as inscriptions in postwar design theory and early computer-aided design research. The book manuscript is still in progress so for something more contained than a dissertation, I am also sending a publicly available link<https://link.springer.com/epdf/10.1007/s00004-020-00478-0?author_access_token=wCB6mtsi8O7RuGSAekAgNfe4RwlQNchNByi7wbcMAY6TNWrtJiCdh8IEGcrdNhtiVf23c5drU19EoQtxLY3cZE-hA-FeaZtgaW53quXSGowp03c0H2Celz6HpFjJBEyMrQ0DVCoZo28YLSg_0iCQKA==> to an article I just published on this topic in Nexus.

All best and hope you and yours are staying safe!
Theodora

--
Theodora Vardouli
Assistant Professor | Peter Guo-hua Fu School of Architecture | McGill University

@McGill<https://www.mcgill.ca/architecture/people-0/faculty/vardouli> | openarchitectures.com<http://openarchitectures.com/>
Computer Architectures: Constructing the Common Ground<https://www.crcpress.com/Computer-Architectures-Constructing-the-Common-Ground/Vardouli-Touloumi/p/book/9780815396529>