[SIGCIS-Members] The emergence of "the Digital."

Ceruzzi, Paul CeruzziP at si.edu
Mon Apr 13 14:59:05 PDT 2020

Another shameless plug for the book "Exploring the Early Digital." We now realize the significance of the transformation from analog to "the digital," of which the invention of the stored program electronic computer is but a part, albeit a significant part.

Here is a concise and powerful example of an early hint of that transformation, as spoken by Joe Dimaggio. (wait until the end):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx7Q8t9m4Ns

Paul Ceruzzi (too young to remember Joe. Mickey Mantle is still my all-time hero.)