[SIGCIS-Members] Call for Ideas!

Murray Turoff murray.turoff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:17:10 PDT 2016

it almost seems as if infrastructures can cover everything.
in the paper i did there were 16 critical infrastructures and it does also
reference a recent thesis in Europe that the author will supply if
interested.
that thesis covers most of the European studies but like my paper the
criteria is infrastructures critical to disasters or emergencies.  also
these papers are
focused the interactions between infrastructures which are critical for
emergency  situations.   Along these lines there is at least three possible
ways a country like the u.s. could loose its national electrical network
for up to two
years.  there are also a few citizen groups trying to prepare for that
situation.
Our infrastructures have been in decline for like 30 years and our water
systems are the oldest in average age.  every two years the civil
engineering society publishes grades for infrastructures on a n A to F
grade rating and now most of them are in the C to D rating.   For example,
The number of bridges needing serious repairs have been going up every
year.  If any one is interested in this paradox i have a short conference
paper i can send you call the "emergency management paradox"

*please send messages to murray.turoff at gmail.com <murray.turoff at gmail.com>
do not use @njit.edu <http://njit.edu> addressDistinguished Professor
EmeritusInformation Systems, NJIThomepage: http://is.njit.edu/turoff
<http://is.njit.edu/turoff>*