[SIGCIS-Members] @EvgenyMorozov @NewYorker #ShowUsTheMissingPages

dave.walden.family at gmail.com dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 08:15:53 PDT 2014

Am I the only one who thinks this is getting out of hand.  It seems to me there is a rush to convict the author based on second hand knowledge or to try him in an ad hoc court ("produce the evidence") which could lead to destroying his career, if that hasn't happened already regardless of what he says now.  Perhaps his university or the magazine which have more first hand facts should decide if there is a problem.  I think it is fine to discuss publishing ethics on this list in the abstract or with example's whose validity have been historically established.  I'd rather this list wasn't a forum for what seems increasingly to me like savaging people's reputations in the guise of an ethics discussion.