[SIGCIS-Members] Photos from SIGCIS events incl new album from 2012 workshop

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Wed Sep 25 15:53:13 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

The looming proximity of the latest SIGICS workshop
(http://www.sigcis.org/workshop13, program posted and more messages coming
soon) has prompted me to spend an afternoon posting pictures from last
year's workshop and tidying up our online coverage of earlier events.

You may be excited enough, or at least bored enough by whatever you should
be doing right now, to visit our latest Facebook album full of shots from
our 2012 workshop in Copenhagen on "Information Identities." The food was
really good. Find it, no Facebook login required, at
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.576674705729509.1073741825.1749879
95898184
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.576674705729509.1073741825.174987
995898184&type=1&l=b33f8901b4> &type=1&l=b33f8901b4

Likewise, photos from SHOT 2012 events including our sessions and the lunch
are at
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.576760025720977.1073741826.1749879
95898184
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.576760025720977.1073741826.174987
995898184&type=1&l=d62108e787> &type=1&l=d62108e787.

To help you relive your time with us over the past few years the full set of
links are as follows:

For 2011 and later we are using Facebook albums hosted on the SIGCIS
Facebook page <https://www.facebook.com/SIGCIS> . Hosting the pictures
externally provides superior tools and helps integrate the workshop images
into the social media experience of our members. The links below go directly
to the pictures with no login required. However, please add your own tags if
you were at the meeting, or recognize your friends on them.

The Facebook albums cover:

*	2012 SIGCIS Workshop "Information Identities: Historical
Perspectives on Technological and Social Change" in Copenhagen. See the
pictures.
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.576674705729509.1073741825.174987
995898184&type=1&l=b33f8901b4>
*	2012 SIGCIS events, including our lunch, within the main SHOT annual
meeting in Copenhagen. See the pictures.
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.576760025720977.1073741826.174987
995898184&type=1&l=d62108e787>
*	2011 SIGCIS Workshop "Cultures and Communities in the History of
Computing" in Cleveland, Ohio. See the pictures.
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.233609830036000.59331.17498799589
8184&type=1&l=2e0ac02581>
*	2011 SIGCIS sessions in the main SHOT meeting in Cleveland, Ohio.
See the pictures.
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.233602770036706.59324.17498799589
8184&type=1&l=47d50a0e27>
*	2011 SIGCIS Lunch Meeting held during the main SHOT meeting in
Cleveland, Ohio. See the pictures.
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.233592190037764.59322.17498799589
8184&type=1&l=08958addc2>
*	A small sample of pictures from earlier events. See the pictures.
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.175022292561421.46333.17498799589
8184&type=1&l=522f24d6a4>

Photos for our SIG events from 2007 to 2010 are hosted in image galleries
within the SIGCIS.org site. <http://www.sigcis.org/image/tid>  These include

*	2010 SIGCIS Workshop on Materiality and Immateriality in the History
of Computing and other SIGCIS events in the SHOT annual meeting that year in
Tacoma, Washington. See the pictures <http://www.sigcis.org/image/tid/4> .
*	2009 SIGCIS Workshop on Michale Mahoney and the Histories of
Computing, and other SIGCIS events in the SHOT annual meeting that year in
Pittsburgh, Pennslvania. See the pictures.
<http://www.sigcis.org/image/tid/5>
*	2008 SIGCIS events at the SHOT annual meeting in Lisbon, Portugal.
See the pictures. <http://www.sigcis.org/image/tid/3>
*	2007 SIGCIS events at the SHOT annual meeting in Washington, DC. See
the pictures <http://www.sigcis.org/image/tid/2> .