[SIGCIS-Members] C. Gordon Bell obit.

Peter Eckstein petereckstein at comcast.net
Thu May 23 09:13:10 PDT 2024

Gwendolyn “Gwen” Bell, Gordon’s wife at the time, was a co-founder of the Museum and its first director when it was housed in Boston. Ken Olsen was also a major supporter of this and other computer history projects, notably including a series of books published by the Digital Press, including Stern’s invaluable  history, From ENIAC to Univac. Despite its huge size, Whirlwind was acquired for the personal use of one of the engineers who worked on it. I do not recall whether it was dismantled and parts salvaged afterwards.

Sent from Mail for Windows