[SIGCIS-Members] THIS SATURDAY: Twitch Fundraiser Stream for ROMchip: A Journal of Game Histories

Laine Nooney laine.nooney at gmail.com
Tue May 7 12:49:47 PDT 2024

 *ROMchip: A Journal of Game Histories
<https://romchip.org/index.php/romchip-journal> *will be hosting our first
Twitch Fundraiser Stream LIVE this Saturday, May 11, 11AM - 11PM EST.

We will be hosting 12 hours of developers, archivists, and scholars sharing
games that are personally historically meaningful to them, on our Twitch
channel: https://www.twitch.tv/romchipjournal

SCHEDULE <https://donate.romchip.org/schedule.html> (see below)
FUNDING MISSION <https://donate.romchip.org/fundraising-mission.html>
READ THE JOURNAL <https://romchip.org/index.php/romchip-journal>
DONATE <https://donate.romchip.org/>

We hope you'll be able to join us! By supporting *ROMchip*, you help us
remain an independently funded venue that develops, edits, and publishes
ad-free, open access game history research for a range of audiences.

===SCHEDULE===

*11AM EST: Jason Scott*
Software Curator @ Internet Archive

Jason's stream game is TBD! Check back soon for more info.

*12PM EST: Rami Ismael*
Game Developer, Ridiculous Fishing, Nuclear Throne

Rami will be playing the 1998 game Urban Assault, a game he describes as
"deeply European in its worldview" and "the most ungodly mix of strategy
and first person."

*1PM EST: Bennett Foddy*
Game Developer, Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy, QWOP

Bennett will be playing the obscure physics-based game Ski Stunt Simulator
from the early 2000s, which he describes as "probably the biggest influence
on my career."

*2PM EST: Nicole He*
Game Developer, The Crush House

Nicole will be playing Tomb Raider II for the Playstation 3.

*3PM EST: Brenda and John Romero*
Game Developers, Doom, Wizardry 8, Train, Romero Games

The Romeros will be playing John's most recent Doom II mod, One Humanity.
The Romeros will be offering five random donor giveaways for a signed copy
of One Humanity on a 3.5" floppy disk.

*4PM EST: Kishonna L. Gray*
Professor, Author of Intersectional Tech: Black Users in Digital Gaming

Kishonna's stream game is TBD! Check back soon for more info.

*5PM EST: Ash Parrish*
Video Game Reporter, The Verge

Ash will be streaming the 1992 platformer Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

*6PM EST: Patrick LeMieux*
Professor, Co-author of Metagaming

"If a Tree Falls: An Hour of Arboreal Modular Synth Music w/ Videogame
Samples"
Patrick will perform an improvised modular synthesizer set featuring music
from the forest levels of games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Secret of
Mana, Final Fantasy X, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Secret
of Monkey Island 2, Chrono Trigger, Myst, and Donkey Kong Country 2.

*7PM EST: Nina Freeman*
Game Developer, Cibele, Last Call, how do you Do it?

Nina will be playing selections from Ferry Halim's Orisinal Games, a
collection of early 2000s Flash games, which have been made recently
playable again as of March 2024.

*8PM EST: Phil Salvador*
Library Director @ Video Game History Foundation

Phil will be demoing the obscure, failed haptic gaming device, the Novint
Falcon. If ROMchip hits its Tier 1 $6K goal before the end of his segment,
Phil will go into the settings and pump the force feedback as high as it
goes!

*10PM EST: Jason Scott*
Software Curator @ Internet Archive

To close out our stream, we return to Master of Ceremonies, Jason Scott!
--
Laine Nooney <http://www.lainenooney.com/>

Assistant Professor |  MCC <http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/mcc/> @ NYU
<http://www.nyu.edu/>  | they/them

-Need to make an appt? Click, don't email: https://bit.ly/2GIHuK0
-Probably typed by voice recognition, so please cherish typos