[SIGCIS-Members] Python

Troy Astarte t.k.astarte at swansea.ac.uk
Mon Mar 25 07:36:50 PDT 2024

Hi list,

Does anyone have any sources on the history of the Python programming language, its uses in education, healthcare, and AI, and how it has shaped the way computing is done in these areas? A quick around my library of sources didn’t turn up any obvious starting points. Asking for a student :-)

Best,

Dr. Troy Kaighin Astarte (they/them / nhw)

Lecturer, Computer Science / Darlithydd, Cyfrifiadureg
Swansea University / Prifysgol Abertawe

For students: my drop in hours are on the Intranet<https://fse-intranet.swan.ac.uk/intranet/staff_officehours?selected_staff_id=203842> (office CoFo 407)
I fyfyrwyr: mae fy oriau swyddfa ar y fewnrwyd.
Meeting booking: via Office Booking<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/8e101a47e22e4af793d033901758d0e4@Swansea.ac.uk/meetingtype/SVRwCe7HMUGxuT6WGxi68g2?anonymous&ep=mlink>.
Zoom office: https://swanseauniversity.zoom.us/my/t.k.astarte

Every email has a cost to the climate. Please think before sending short emails.
Mae gan bob e-bost gost i’r hinsawdd. Meddyliwch cyn i chi anfon e-byst byr.

Due to RSI sometimes I’ll need to dictate messages and they might come out a bit weird. Thanks for your patience.