[SIGCIS-Members] possible SIGCIS glitch

Troy Astarte t.k.astarte at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Apr 17 07:45:51 PDT 2024

Hi everyone

Apologies, I accidentally sent the message below to the entire list. (It’s a rite of passage, I suppose!) But I did get some useful replies about this, so thank you to those people who wrote it. And sorry for both the first unnecessary message and maybe also this one!

Best,

Dr. Troy Kaighin Astarte (they/them / nhw)

Lecturer, Computer Science / Darlithydd, Cyfrifiadureg
Swansea University / Prifysgol Abertawe

For students: my drop in hours are on the Intranet<https://fse-intranet.swan.ac.uk/intranet/staff_officehours?selected_staff_id=203842> (office CoFo 407)
I fyfyrwyr: mae fy oriau swyddfa ar y fewnrwyd.
Meeting booking: via Office Booking<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/8e101a47e22e4af793d033901758d0e4@Swansea.ac.uk/meetingtype/SVRwCe7HMUGxuT6WGxi68g2?anonymous&ep=mlink>.
Zoom office: https://swanseauniversity.zoom.us/my/t.k.astarte

Every email has a cost to the climate. Please think before sending short emails.
Mae gan bob e-bost gost i’r hinsawdd. Meddyliwch cyn i chi anfon e-byst byr.

Due to RSI sometimes I’ll need to dictate messages and they might come out a bit weird. Thanks for your patience.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Swansea University. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

RHYBUDD: Daeth yr e-bost hwn o'r tu allan i Brifysgol Abertawe. Peidiwch â chlicio ar atodiadau neu agor atodiadau oni bai eich bod chi'n adnabod yr anfonwr a'ch bod yn gwybod bod y cynnwys yn ddiogel.

Hi David

Are you using the MacOS mail app? I get a similarly weird thing when I try to write things to the list but it switches up which alias is used with me. It definitely has been Coopersmith, but at the moment, it’s showing me Hsu! I don’t think I’ve seen it in messages from the list.

My working theory was that it’s to do with how the Mac app handles addressing but maybe I should try to investigate further...

<Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 16.25.08.png>