[SIGCIS-Members] The Communicators

Jeffrey Yost yostx003 at umn.edu
Fri Mar 18 13:19:46 PDT 2022

Yes, as Debbie mentions we have the Edmund Berkeley papers, it is a very
full and large collection (about 90 boxes I think) on his life's work in
computing, anti-nuke, and other work. Bernadette Longo published an
insightful biography book using the collection. We have copies of Brainiac,
and some other artifacts along with the collection of papers. He was a
co-founder of ACM so also some in our ACM Organizational Records on
Berkeley.

Best, Jeff

*Please connect: Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffrey-yost-b714566>   Twitter
<https://twitter.com/jeffreyyost6>   CBI-FB
<https://www.facebook.com/babbageinstitute>   Blockchain & Society FB
<https://www.facebook.com/Decentralizedinternet/>*

*Jeffrey Yost, Ph.D.         @JeffreyYost6*
Director, Charles Babbage Institute <http://www.cse.umn.edu/cbi>; Research
Professor, HSTM

222 21st Avenue South, University of Minnesota; Minneapolis, MN 55455

*Studies in Computing and Culture book series, Johns Hopkins U. Press *
Co-Editor
*PI, NSF-funded CBI project "Mining a Useable Past: Perspectives,
Paradoxes, and Possibilities with Security and Privacy."*
*Blockchain & Society Blog and Site* <https://www.blockchainandsociety.com>
 (Founder/Leader)

*Interfaces: Essays and Reviews in Computing and Culture
<https://cse.umn.edu/cbi/interfaces> *Co-Editor (w/ Amanda Wick)

*Committee Member, National Academy of Engineering Extraordinary
Engineering Impacts on Society*

*Making IT Work: A History of the Computer Services Industry (MIT Press)
<https://amzn.to/3gqe4R6>*