[SIGCIS-Members] FW: The Communicators

Deborah Douglas ddouglas at mit.edu
Fri Mar 18 13:11:37 PDT 2022

We (MIT Museum) recently acquired some of Edmund Berkeley’s games from the estate of his Berkely’s son (most of the papers went to the Babbage Institute that had already acquired materials from Berkeley.). One thing that I learned is that Patrick McGovern’s (MIT, 1959) first job was writing for Berkeley’s Computers & Automation magazine.

The folks at Baker Library (or maybe people on this list) will know when the first B-School case studies about computers and computing were introduced into the curriculum.

Debbie Douglas

Deborah G. Douglas, PhD • Director of Collections and Curator of Science and Technology, MIT Museum; Research Associate, Program in Science, Technology, and Society • Room N51-209 • 265 Massachusetts Avenue • Cambridge, MA 02139-4307 • ddouglas at mit.edu<mailto:ddouglas at mit.edu> • 617-253-1766 telephone • 617-253-8994 facsimile • http://mitmuseum.mit.edu • she/her/hers