[SIGCIS-Members] Books

Holbrook, Dan holbrook at marshall.edu
Mon May 3 09:51:08 PDT 2021

Hello,

I am retiring, and would like to offer the books below to the good homes I'm sure they can find here.

I'd be especially pleased if a grad student got them, but really I just want them to continue to be useful to someone.

I know some of these books are worth a bit of money.  Please don't ask for them if your intent is to resell for a profit.

List is below; let me know which ones you're interested in.  First come, first served.  We'll work out the shipping.

Thanks.

Dan

Air Force Materials Lab, Abstracts of Active Contracts, Jan. 1965
Angel, Restructuring for Innovation
Bashe, Johnson, Palmer and Pugh, IBM's Early Computers
Burck, ed, The Computer Age and Its Potential for Management
Cardwell, Norton History of Technology
Cortada, Computer in the United States
Eckert and Schubert, Crystals, Electrons, Transistors
Forester, ed., The Microelectronics Revolution
Hanson, The New Alchemists
Hayes, Behind the Silicon Curtain
Hoddeson et al Critical Assembly
Hoddeson, Braun, Teichmann and Weart, Out of the Crystal Maze
Jones, The Age of Energy
Keonjian, ed., Micro-Electronics, Theory, Design and Fabrication
Malone, The Big Score
Malone, The Microprocessor, A Biography
Penguin Handbook of Electronics
Pugh, Memories that Shaped an Industry
Pugh , Johnson and Palmer, IBM's 360 and Early 370 Systems
Rada, The Impact of Micro-Electronics
Reid, The Chip
Riordan and Hoddeson, Crystal Fire
Rutkowski, Solid-State Electronics, third Ed.
Scott: Creative Ordeal: the Story of Raytheon
Seitz and Einspruch, Electronic Genie
Smits, Ed. History of Engineering and Science in the Bell System
Sobel, IBM: Colossus in Transition
Strull, Electronic Enterprise: Stories from the History of Westinghouse Electronic Systems
Swade, The Difference Engine
Time-Life, The Chipmakers
Zygmont, Microchip

[cid:image003.png at 01D7401A.FBE38BC0]