[SIGCIS-Members] Identity Systems on Computer Networks

D.K. Rehn disksurfing at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 15:03:57 PST 2021

Hi David,

Interesting topic! I’m looking forward to hearing more and seeing your resource pool.

I can share a few things including:

• a collection of discussions/newsletters from when FidoNet SysOps were heavily debating the enforcement of "real name" policies in the early 1990s

• several journal articles also from the BBS era exploring how beneficial handles ("second lives" as one author declared) were for LGBTQ, at-risk, and bullied youth to freely explore their authentic self

I’ll reach out directly soon.

KO ▋

ĸyra oceaɴ reнɴ〈KEER-a REN〉
Artist⌁Researcher⌁Strategist⌁Curator