[SIGCIS-Members] Apple II DOS question

Brian Berg brianberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:09:04 PST 2021

I have a query out to the cited Apple folks and a number of others, and
Steve here cited two more:

*From: Steve Wozniak*
Date: Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: Apple II DOS question
Cc: Randy Wigginton, Andy Hertzfeld

*All I can say is that this was a LONG time ago, before this practice which
is common today. I never heard anyone complain about this form of copy
protection. Our platform back then was a step lower, largely hardware, and
our open source approach made it easy for others to understand and modify
things.*

I'll keep you all posted re: other replies.

Brian Berg