[SIGCIS-Members] Critically Conscious Computing Book Preview Released

Nabeel Siddiqui nasiddiqui at email.wm.edu
Wed Dec 8 08:12:06 PST 2021

Dear All,

Some of you may have already seen this, but for those that have not, I thought I would broadcast it. A new work was just released which seeks to provide a framework for teaching computer science that accounts for political and social bias. The second chapter is on the history of computing which includes citations to the work of many members on this list. The authors have released it under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 and are actively taking suggestions on its GitHub page.

The book can be found here: https://criticallyconsciouscomputing.org/

https://www.nabeelsiddiqui.net