[SIGCIS-Members] Debunking the myth of individual genius

Sharon Traweek traweek at history.ucla.edu
Sat Oct 24 00:15:23 PDT 2020

Hi
Thank you very much for the link to an article by Joshua Roebke [MS, Theoretical High Energy Physics, McGill University, Montréal], Institute for Historical Studies, Univ of Texas, Austin
https://www.joshuaroebke.com/    https://www.joshuaroebke.com/articles/    https://ugs.utexas.edu/tsi/faculty-profiles
“Opinion: Scoundrels, Saints, and the Fiction of Individual Genius. In the shadows of every celebrated scientist, there are other contributors who may be more deserving of our adulation.” Undark, 20 Oct 2020 https://undark.org/2020/10/22/the-fiction-of-individual-genius/

I also recommend this Roebke article on race and gender in high energy physics: “The Standard Model,” Joyland, Issue 10, Oct 2020 https://joylandmagazine.com/uncategorized/standard-model/?fbclid=IwAR1VALqswPivKt5e-7YyVRXePl-euslbFow3CIYlSxZd5r5Xcs1B0IvEuf8

Sharon Traweek, Ucla