[SIGCIS-Members] Good news

Mara Mills mmills at nyu.edu
Mon Jan 6 12:52:09 PST 2020

Congrats on the book award, Mar!

The AI Now symposium and white paper were co-sponsored by the NYU Center
for Disability Studies, and I want to offer extra thanks to the two grad
students affiliated with the Center who drafted the report based on the
notes they took during the symposium -- Emily Lim Rogers and Marcel Salas.
And also to Meredith Whittaker of AI Now, the lead author and primary
organizer of the event. Otherwise, co-authorship was listed in alphabetical
order.

(And separately, the MCC Department at NYU is very excited to welcome
Whitney Pow to our growing team of historians of technology & media!)

Mara Mills | Associate Professor | Media, Culture, and Communication | New
York University
https://steinhardt.nyu.edu/faculty/Mara_Mills
http://maramills.org/
Co-Director, NYU Center for Disability Studies
https://disabilitystudies.nyu.edu/