[SIGCIS-Members] Yngvar Lundh died on August 25th

Alex Ramirez AlexRamirez at CUNET.CARLETON.CA
Wed Aug 26 08:18:53 PDT 2020

Hi Dave,

The end of your message caught my attention: “Yngvar Lundh is the most important person in Norwegian IT ever.”
I wonder what is the hierarchy they used, since Ole-Johan Dahl & Kristen Nygaard's contribution to Programming Languages changed the way we build our systems.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Members <members-bounces at lists.sigcis.org> On Behalf Of dave walden
Sent: August 25, 2020 8:27 PM
To: members at sigcis.org
Subject: [SIGCIS-Members] Yngvar Lundh died on August 25th

[External Email]

See https://no.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yngvar_Lundh and maybe use Google translate.

Yngvar's story is told in greater detail at
https://www.computer.org/csdl/magazine/an/2018/02

The department editor's note at the beginning of the a2018 Annals anecdote says:
Yngvar Lundh was instrumental in the development of some of Norway’s earliest digital computers, having started his investigation of digital electronics in the 1950s. He continued his involvement with digital computers and digital communications for the next 40 years. A 10 April
2017 article about Lundh in the Norwegian online information and telecommunications newspaper digi.no quotes another pioneer of Norwegian computing, saying, “Yngvar Lundh is the most important person in Norwegian IT ever.”

This email is relayed from members at sigcis.org, the email discussion list of SHOT SIGCIS. Opinions expressed here are those of the member posting and are not reviewed, edited, or endorsed by SIGCIS. The list archives are at http://lists.sigcis.org/pipermail/members-sigcis.org/ and you can change your subscription options at http://lists.sigcis.org/listinfo.cgi/members-sigcis.org

This email contains links to content or websites. Always be cautious when clicking on external links or attachments. If in doubt, please forward suspicious emails to phishing at carleton.ca.

-----End of Disclaimer-----