[SIGCIS-Members] Reminder: SIGCIS Community Values and Acceptable Use Policy

Irish, Sharon Lee slirish at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 17 05:09:24 PDT 2020

Dear SIGCIS listserv members,
We hope this message finds you healthy and coping as well as possible.
You may recall that when we re-opened the SIGCIS listserv in September of 2017, we indicated that we would send out the Acceptable Use Policy and the Statement of Community Values on an occasional basis as reminders of our commitments.
SIGCIS officers put considerable time and substantial thought into these documents and we’d like to share them with you again.

The Statement of Community Values is on the About page of the sigcis.org site, https://www.sigcis.org/about_values
The Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is also on the sigcis.org site https://www.sigcis.org/aup; we will revisit these policies, as needed.

We, the volunteer moderators, use this AUP as our guide to manage the listserv; any response to messages is post-facto.
If you, dear members, want to call our attention to a post, you may do so by emailing us at members-owner at lists.sigcis.org<mailto:members-owner at lists.sigcis.org>.

A description of the Moderator Responsibilities and Guidelines, as well as contact information for each of us, is posted at https://www.sigcis.org/listserv
We would welcome more moderators, and invite you to send a note of interest or questions to any of us.

Best wishes,
Sharon Irish
Bill McMillan
Janet Toland