[SIGCIS-Members] Internet traffic in northern Virginia

David Grier grier at email.gwu.edu
Wed Oct 16 04:09:01 PDT 2019

We sometimes forget that a large number of messages (as compared to volume of data) is generated for the DNS rather than for directly transporting dat and that NOVA has a substantial part of the DNS infrastructure.  Still, I have a hard time turning that observation into 70% of anything.

On a related point, the largest chapter of the IEEE-CS is the Nova chapter but that is a little artificial as the Bag Area is divided into three chapters.