[SIGCIS-Members] SHOT panel on gender and software/programming

Elizabeth Petrick elizabeth.r.petrick at njit.edu
Thu Jan 31 08:54:40 PST 2019

Hello SIGCIS,

I'm looking to put together a session for this year's SHOT on Gender and
Software/Programming. I'm taking a wide view of the topic and would love a
panel that considers very diverse aspects of both gender and software. To
give you an idea of where I'd like to go with this, I potentially have two
papers so far:

1. I'm going to discuss Adele Goldberg's role at PARC and her work on the
intersection of education and programming languages with Smalltalk.

2. I have a proposal from a colleague on the role of gender in the Leisure
Suit Larry video game series.

If anyone is interested in giving a paper as part of the panel or,
alternatively, might like to be commentator, please let me know.

Best,
Liz
Dr. Elizabeth Petrick
Assistant Professor