[SIGCIS-Members] Seeking Interviewees: Queer and Trans CIS/Prodigy/GEnie Users

Dame, Avery adame at winona.edu
Mon Feb 18 12:31:06 PST 2019

All,

(Apologizes if you’ve seen this cross-posted on different lists.)

Please forward this along, or feel free to get in contact off-list if you have suggestions!

I'm looking to conduct informal background interviews with queer and/or transgender-identified folks who, during the mid 1980s into the 1990s, were active on any of these forums:

  *   Compuserve's (aka CIS) GenderLine forum (also known as HSX-200)
  *   Prodigy (pre or post the closure of the "Frank Discussions" forum)
  *   GEnie (such as members of the GEnie Girls).

I'm hoping to learn more about the structure of these groups/spaces, their culture, and just how folks used them. If anyone is either interested in or might know someone who would be interested in participating in a short (one hour) interview, please let me know at avery.dame AT gmail.com<http://gmail.com/>.

Thanks in advance,
Avery Dame-Griff

---
Avery Dame-Griff
Fixed-Term Assistant Professor, Mass Communication
Winona State University
averydame.net<http://www.averydame.net/>
avery.dame at gmail.com<mailto:avery.dame at gmail.com>
507-457-5228