[SIGCIS-Members] Fwd: [with] review of Rankin, A People's History of Computing

M. Hicks mhicks1 at iit.edu
Thu Feb 7 09:48:14 PST 2019

Forwarding this from the WITH list.

Best,
Mar
______________________
Marie Hicks, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, History of Technology
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago, IL USA
mhicks1 at iit.edu | mariehicks.net | @histoftech
Programmed Inequality: How Britain Discarded Women Technologists and Lost Its Edge in Computing
www.programmedinequality.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lara Freidenfelds" <Lara at post.harvard.edu>
Date: February 7, 2019 at 9:16:47 AM EST
To: <with at lists.whitman.edu>
Subject: [with] review of Rankin, A People's History of Computing

Hello WITH!  I published a review of Joy Rankin’s A People’s History of Computing at Nursing Clio today: https://nursingclio.org/2019/02/07/take-back-the-net-joy-rankins-a-peoples-history-of-computing-in-the-united-states/.  It’s an excellent book, and accessibly written.  I encourage you to check it out if you have not read it yet.

Yours,
Lara

Lara Freidenfelds, Ph.D.
lara at post.harvard.edu
www.larafreidenfelds.com
@larafreidenfeld (twitter)
The Modern Period: Menstruation in Twentieth-Century America