[SIGCIS-Members] UK's Archives for IT

James Sumner james.sumner at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Apr 4 00:58:25 PDT 2019

Hi John, cc the list

I hadn't come across this one myself, so many thanks for the details.
The interviews are an excellent resource. And I'd second Gleb's question
about industry publications. There's now good digital coverage of parts
of the personal computer press, thanks largely to enthusiasts, and it
would be really useful to have similar coverage for the industry and for
earlier years.

As to SIGCIS's UK resource guide: I compiled this about ten years ago
and it's due a thorough overhaul – there are various things I wouldn't
present in the same way if I were writing it now, and of course the
literature has grown a lot. Although I'm no longer on the SIGCIS
committee, I'd be happy in principle to overhaul it, but realistically
I'm not going to have time in the near future. Is anybody else
interested in taking this on?

Best
James