[SIGCIS-Members] What happened on the list last year

Morten Bay mortenbay at ucla.edu
Wed Nov 28 18:52:04 PST 2018

Dear Joy,

I was appalled when I witnessed what happened to you on this list. After having read your Medium post, I am at a loss for words that you were simultaneously being sexually harrassed offline AND that you received so little support from MSU while all of that was going on.

Thank you for sharing so bravely. You should know that it does have an effect: I'm sure that I'm not the only early-career academic whose awareness and willingness to act and speak up in our future workplaces have been raised by your story.

Morten

Best wishes / Med venlig hilsen,

Morten Bay, Ph.D.

Research Fellow, The Center for the Digital Future at
USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
Tech Correspondent, Politiken