[SIGCIS-Members] What happened on the list last year

Alper, Meryl m.alper at northeastern.edu
Wed Nov 28 15:14:32 PST 2018

Joy (and all),

I stand in deep admiration your bravery, grace, and courage, in the face of such vile cowardice and cruelty, on both an individual and institutional level. Thank you for adding your voice publicly to our collective struggle as a society. I hope that this compelling piece drives even more readers to your important scholarship.

All my best,
Meryl

--
Meryl Alper
Assistant Professor

BOOK: Giving Voice: Mobile Communication, Disability, and Inequality (MIT Press<https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/giving-voice>, 2017)
*2018 Association of American Publishers, PROSE Award Honorable Mention*
*2018 American Sociological Association, Outstanding Publication in the Sociology of Disability Award*