[SIGCIS-Members] Criticism of von Neumann historiography

herbert.bruderer at bluewin.ch herbert.bruderer at bluewin.ch
Sat Jul 7 11:39:28 PDT 2018

Hello Richard
My new book on the history of computing which has just been published by De Gruyter Oldenbourg, Berlin/Boston, deals both with analog and digital (mechanical and electronic) mathematical instruments, analog and digital calculating machines and computers (e.g. analog electronic computers from U.S., Germany, Switzerland), including marvellous (fully operational) analog automata (18th century) and the Antikythera mechanism, etc.
See
Meilensteine der Rechentechnik, volume 1
https://www.degruyter.com/view/product/480555
(book description German and in English)
Meilensteine der Rechentechnik, volume 2
https://www.degruyter.com/view/product/503373
(book description in German and in English)

Amazon
https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/257-9720637-8344819?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bruderer+meilensteine+rechentechnik
https://www.amazon.de/Herbert-Bruderer-Rechenmaschinen-Rechenschieber-wissenschaftliche/dp/3110518279/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530682371&sr=8-2&keywords=bruderer+meilensteine+rechentechnik
https://www.amazon.de/Herbert-Bruderer-Rechentechnik-Elektronenrechner-Entwicklungen/dp/3110600889/ref=sr_1_1/260-6031314-7182903?ie=UTF8&qid=1530682314&sr=8-1&keywords=bruderer+meilensteine+rechentechnik
Best wishes,
Herbert