[SIGCIS-Members] Active institutional or individual oral historyefforts in history of computing *outside* US

Gleb J. Albert gleb.albert at uzh.ch
Wed Feb 7 06:45:58 PST 2018

Dear David, dear list members,

I'm doing a research project on the transnational history of teenage
software pirates, or "crackers", in the 1980s and early 1990s. For this,
I have conducted around 20 oral history interviews with former crackers
(some of whom later became game developers) all over Europe. I'm not
writing an "oral history" as such, though, and the interviews serve
merely as an additional source to contemporary primary sources of this
subculture (which I collect and digitize in the process, see
<http://gotpapers.untergrund.net/>) as well as contemporary state &
industry archival materials. Due to the delicate nature of the subject,
there are no plans yet to make the complete interviews public, but they
will be utilised in my monograph, which is due to come out around
2021-2022.

All the best,
Gleb

--
Dr. Gleb J. Albert
Historisches Seminar, Universität Zürich

Universität Zürich
Historisches Seminar
Culmannstr. 1
CH-8006 Zürich
Switzerland

Tel. +41-446346187
<http://uzh.academia.edu/GlebJAlbert>
<http://www.fg-mimesis.de>

Review editor: H-Soz-Kult, review team "History of Knowledge" -
<http://www.hsozkult.de>