[SIGCIS-Members] Active institutional or individual oral historyefforts in history of computing *outside* US

Jaroslav Švelch jaroslav at svelch.com
Wed Feb 7 02:47:31 PST 2018

Dear David, list members,

I’ve researched the history of hobby computing and computer games in Soviet era Czechoslovakia and interviewed 42 people, most of whom were active amateur programmers in the 1980s, a couple of them also computing professionals from 1950s onwards. The interviews were conducted in Czech or Slovak and are currently not publicly available – but the results of the research will be published in my book Gaming the Iron Curtain, upcoming with MIT Press this Fall.

Best,
Jaroslav

Jaroslav Švelch, Ph.D.
New media and digital games scholar (http://svelch.com)
Postdoctoral fellow, University of Bergen
Games and Transgressive Aesthetics project: http://gta.b.uib.no/
Assistant professor, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, Prague (on leave)