[SIGCIS-Members] Panel on "object-oriented history of technology" for SHOT?

Brian Berg brianberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 09:12:40 PST 2018

Please note that the "Object-Oriented Programming: 1961-1967" IEEE Milestone
<http://ethw.org/Milestones:Object-oriented_programming> was dedicated on
27 September 2017 in Oslo, Norway.  Its citation reads:

*Ole-Johan Dahl and Kristen Nygaard created the Simula programming
languages in the 1960s at the Norwegian Computer Center. They introduced a
new way of modeling and simulating complex tasks. Object-oriented
programming is now dominant in systems development. It is an integral part
of computer science curricula, as are languages built on object-oriented
programming concepts, such as Smalltalk, C++, Java, and Python.*

In addition, one of the three Computer History Museum 2018 Fellows is Guido
Van Rossum
<http://www.computerhistory.org/fellowawards/hall/guido-van-rossum>, "for
the creation and evolution of the Python programming language and for
leadership of its community."
_________________________
Brian A. Berg / bberg at StanfordAlumni.org
Berg Software Design
14500 Big Basin Way, Suite F, Saratoga, CA 95070 USA
Voice: 408.741.5010 <(408)%20741-5010> / Cell: 408.568.2505
<(408)%20568-2505>
Consulting: Flash Memory/USB/Storage/Patents
visit the Storage Cornucopia: www.bswd.com
FMS Technical Chair: www.FlashMemorySummit.com
IEEE Milestone
<http://www.ieeeghn.org/wiki/index.php/Milestones:List_of_IEEE_Milestones>
Coordinator for Region 6 <http://www.ieee-region6.org/>
IEEE SCV Section <http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r6/scv/> Past Chair / IEEE-CNSV
<http://www.CaliforniaConsultants.org> Board Director
IEEE Silicon Valley Tech History Committee
<http://www.SiliconValleyHistory.com/> Chair