[SIGCIS-Members] Panel on "object-oriented history of technology" for SHOT?

David C. Brock dbrock at computerhistory.org
Tue Feb 6 07:56:28 PST 2018

I was thinking that it might be interesting and fun to pull together a traditional organized panel for SHOT 2018 of people who rely on the study of artifacts (including digital artifacts like computer programs, and also online platforms) for their research in the history of technology. The panel could be an opportunity to present this kind of “object-oriented history of technology” work, and to talk about its promise and pitfalls.

https://www.historyoftechnology.org/annual-meeting/2018-shot-annual-meeting-10-14-october-st-louis/shot-annual-meeting-submit-panel-papers/

If this sounds interesting to anyone, please send me a direct email, and I’ll see what I might pull together.

All the best,

David
David C. Brock
Director
Center for Software History [http://www.computerhistory.org/softwarehistory/]
Computer History Museum [http://www.computerhistory.org/]

Email: dbrock at computerhistory.org
Twitter: @dcbrock
Skype: dcbrock

1401 N. Shoreline Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94943
(650) 810-1010 main
(650) 810-1886 direct

Follow Us:
@CHM Blog [http://www.computerhistory.org/atchm/]
Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/computerhistory]
Twitter [https://twitter.com/ComputerHistory]
Instagram [https://www.instagram.com/computerhistory/]
YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/user/ComputerHistory]

Make Software, Change the World! Now Open.
[http://www.computerhistory.org/exhibits/makesoftware/]