[SIGCIS-Members] ATM 50th anniversary - looking for an author

Jonathan Coopersmith j-coopersmith at tamu.edu
Tue May 23 09:15:13 PDT 2017

theconversation.com is looking for a short piece on the ATM.  If
interested, read on and contact Jeff Inglis.  I recommend writing for it --
the editing makes me look like a good writer and the articles are placed
widely.

RFP:

ATM machine technology - for good and bad. With the 50th anniversary of the
first automated cash machine approaching (on June 27), we’re looking for a
scholar of cybercrime and cybersecurity who could explain how ATMs work,
how they have developed over time, and how criminals have used various
types technology (such as skimming) to steal money from banks and their
customers.

*Jeff Inglis*
*Science + Technology Editor, The Conversation US *E: jeff.inglis@
theconversation.com
*T*: @jinglis
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_jinglis&d=DwMFaQ&c=ODFT-G5SujMiGrKuoJJjVg&r=xd_h1GnqUOIgUwdyipeynKCpqL76q7QWVzlt1TjNm50&m=KnKR5uCTZqXaPB6iD2mANus5AJgD8zKm_3w-MgvqbKc&s=oXt4qEnP3CUS2NiFtNVIjPJnjOnIIdzd0BMv8YgnXSE&e=>
*V*: +1.617.356.7837

625 Massachusetts Ave

Jonathan Coopersmith
Professor
Department of History
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX  77843-4236
979.845.7151
979.862.4314 (fax)

​Latest article:
https://theconversation.com/what-fax-machines-can-teach-us-about-electric-cars-66896

*FAXED.  The Rise and Fall of the Fax Machine* (Johns Hopkins University
Press) is the co-recipient of the 2016 Business History Conference Hagley
Prize for best book in business history.