[SIGCIS-Members] This weekend: SIGCIS at CHM

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Wed Mar 15 17:58:54 PDT 2017

Hi everyone -

We’re only a few days away from a very exciting event, a meeting of SIGCIS @ the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California!  We’re so excited that CHM is hosting us, and we’ve got an incredible lineup of speakers around our theme of “Command Lines: Software, Power & Performance.”  Details of the program are available at http://meetings.sigcis.org/ <http://meetings.sigcis.org/>.  If you’re not joining us in person, you can follow the action from afar:

- on twitter #SIGCIS2017.  See https://twitter.com/hashtag/SIGCIS2017 <https://twitter.com/hashtag/SIGCIS2017>.  Follow SIGCIS on twitter - https://twitter.com/sigcis <https://twitter.com/sigcis>
- on instagram (ohbytheway SIGCIS has an instragram account! - https://www.instagram.com/sigcis/ <https://www.instagram.com/sigcis/>)
- after the conference, CHM will have video - https://www.youtube.com/user/ComputerHistory <https://www.youtube.com/user/ComputerHistory>

In the meantime, I’m delighted to see chatter and proposals about the SHOT meeting in Philadelphia in October.  Once the SHOT call for papers is closed (3/31 deadline, see http://www.historyoftechnology.org/ <http://www.historyoftechnology.org/> for details), we’ll start our familiar process of launching a CFP for a SIGCIS workshop to be held on Sunday, October 29.  If you have ideas or themes you’d like the group to pursue, please reach out and let me know.

All the best,

Andy Russell
SIGCIS Chair