[SIGCIS-Members] Konrad Zuse's 1936 patent - German text?

Gerardo Con Diaz gerardo.condiaz at yale.edu
Tue Jan 24 18:45:00 PST 2017

Hi Mark,

I found the following preliminary information by tracking the patent
application number through the German Museum Archives and the World
Intellectual Property Organization. I don't speak German, but perhaps these
are good starting points:

If you wouldn't mind an unofficial transcription of the application, it
appears that you may find one here, thanks to the Zuse archive:
http://zuse.zib.de/album/Uc4YiqKixaG2NAnK/item/EYgALUJiKnCyc9MH

If you want to look at the original patent application, you may need to
contact the German Museum Archives. Here is a link to an archive entry that
may help you move forward: http://kalliope.staat
sbibliothek-berlin.de/en/ead?ead.id=DE-210A_NL_207_0990.

Did that specific patent application ever yield an actual published patent?
According to WIPO, there's a patent filed in 1936 and issued to Zuse in
1954, but its filing date is May 9 1936, and not November 4, 1936 (as the
Zuse archive document suggests). (https://patentscope.
wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=DE99582118).

I hope that this helps you to get started. I love finding patents, so
please do keep me posted on how the search goes.

Best,
Con

--
*Gerardo Con Diaz*
Assistant Professor (Starting late June 2016)