[SIGCIS-Members] Institutions actively collecting historical programs/software for long-term preservation

Martin Schmitt schmitt at zzf-potsdam.de
Sat Apr 22 03:41:39 PDT 2017

Dear David,

that’s really a good idea in Germany there are two institutions that are coming into my mind.

1. The Computer Games Museum in Berlin: http://www.computerspielemuseum.de/1210_Home.htm The person to contact is Andreas Lange, lange at computerspielemuseum.de
2. The German Museum of Technology is planning to built up a software collection. The person responsible for that is Eva Kudrass, which you find in CC.

Then there is a private initiative in Munich building up a computer museum with a focus on Software. The website is in German only, feel free to tell me if you need help with a translation: http://www.computermuseum-muenchen.de/software.html I can’t really say if they make it long term.

Best
Martin

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter | Doktorand | digital enthusiast

ZENTRUM FÜR ZEITHISTORISCHE FORSCHUNG | POTSDAM
Mail: schmitt at zzf-potsdam.de <mailto:schmitt at zzf-pdm.de>
Tel: +49 331 - 74510-119
http://www.zzf-pdm.de/site/991/Default.aspx
BLOG - www.computerisierung.com

Vice Chair of IFIP WG 9.7 „History of computing"

Neu erschienen: Martin Schmitt - Internet im Kalten Krieg.
http://www.transcript-verlag.de/detail/index/sArticle/3569