[SIGCIS-Members] Tom Haigh's ENIAC talk - now online!

Brian Dear brian at platohistory.org
Mon Nov 28 15:31:26 PST 2016

Just finished watching the entire video. Enjoyed the lecture and Q&A a great deal.

I really appreciate Dr. Haigh’s approach to computer history, particularly the care he and his co-authors took to re-examine commonly-understood (often mis-understood) aspects of not only ENIAC but of computer history in general. I was also pleased to see him address some the issues rife in popular histories like Isaacson’s “Innovators,” something that CHM itself had a chance to do when Isaacson appeared on the same stage two years earlier but didn’t do. (You know what would be a fantastic event? Haigh and Isaacson on stage together for a discussion of computer history in general. I would so be the first person in line for that.)

- Brian

Brian Dear
PLATO History Project
Santa Fe, NM