[SIGCIS-Members] Importance of history to practitioners

Christine Finn christine.finn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 07:48:25 PST 2016

In the context of computer history, and recent events, members might be
interested to read this, which I wrote in 2003 for the science salon, Edge
Annual Question...

https://www.edge.org/response-detail/11804

And I will be talking about computers history and, indeed, archaeology, to
the public in London next week. The audience might well include educators
(and yes, motherlodes also applies!)

https://www.sal.org.uk/events/2016/11/motherboards-and-motherloads-public-lecture/

Best,

Christine