[SIGCIS-Members] Pioneering Computers

Dag Spicer dspicer at computerhistory.org
Fri Mar 25 08:42:22 PDT 2016

Scanning the CHM Archives… here is a classic issue of our Museum Report (Winter, 1983) that describes the major contenders in the early computer sweepstakes.  This was a special issue used as a companion to an exhibit on early computers called the "Pioneer Computer Timeline."

http://tcm.computerhistory.org/reports/TCMReportWinter1983.pdf

See esp. synoptic chart on pp. 14-15.  (I think we might add ‘stored program’ to ENIAC now, given Tom Haigh’s recent book).

Dag
--
Dag Spicer
Senior Curator