[SIGCIS-Members] The Women of Datamation

Murray Turoff murray.turoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 19:03:27 PDT 2015

So now it is women who studied music as well as those that studied English
in the early days of programming that did well at it!!
What was very nice in the early days of computing is that a lot of people
came from very different backgrounds to be in the field it always made many
early teams more creative.   We lost some of that in a period where
everything had to be programmable to be computerized and decisions based
upon experience was considered old fashioned.

do not use @njit.edu <http://njit.edu> addressDistinguished Professor