[SIGCIS-Members] Call for "paper"

Claus Pias pias at leuphana.de
Wed Sep 2 10:39:10 PDT 2015

…just wanted to add that I made the very same experience when studying electrical engineering in the mid 1980’s at RWTH Aachen in Germany. I also vaguely remember that one of the written exams had to be done by ‚pen and paper‘ programming.
So I wonder how long this method was practiced and how long the period of retention for written exams lasts in Germany — but with a little luck you may find materials from generations of students in the examination office’s archives of technical universities… ;-)

Best, Claus

> Am 02.09.2015 um 19:10 schrieb Molly Des Jardin <mdesjardin at gmail.com>:
>
> when I was a CS undergrad at Pitt 1999-2003 we had to write code (pseudocode
> and otherwise) by hand and create flow charts on paper and whiteboards
> for class.

––

Dr. Claus Pias
Leuphana University Lüneburg
Wallstr. 3
D - 21335 Lüneburg

Chair for History and Epistemology of Media (ICAM)
	http://www.leuphana.de/institute/icam.html

Institute for Advanced Study in Media-Cultures of Computer Simulation (MECS)   // Director
	http://mecs.leuphana.de

Centre for Digital Cultures (CDC)  // Director
	http://cdc.leuphana.com/about/

Digital Cultures Research Lab (DCRL)  // PI
	http://cdc.leuphana.com/structure/digital-cultures-research-lab/