[SIGCIS-Members] Call for "paper"

Molly Des Jardin mdesjardin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 10:10:49 PDT 2015

I don't know if this is exactly what you're referring to, but when I
was a CS undergrad at Pitt 1999-2003 we had to write code (pseudocode
and otherwise) by hand and create flow charts on paper and whiteboards
for class. I still print out code and annotate it or draw arrows on it
sometimes, and also still very occasionally make a handwritten
flowchart before writing my pseudocode and then a program (if the
middle stage happens - I am not writing anything very complicated
these days).

Handwritten code is not entirely dead!

Molly

--
Molly C. Des Jardin, PhD
Japanese Studies Librarian, University of Pennsylvania