[SIGCIS-Members] SHOT 2015 Robinson Prize

M. Hicks mhicks1 at iit.edu
Sun Oct 11 09:16:22 PDT 2015

Hi all--

I case you didn't make it to SHOT this year, or you did but weren't at the banquet, I just wanted to let you know that one of the papers on the SIGCIS-EDITH panel (that I co-organized with Ruth Cowan) won the Robinson Prize for 2015! Sarah McLennan's paper "Computing and the Color Line" looked at black women computers at NASA, employing oral histories as well as written records to tell the story.

I'm so glad Sarah's paper got this recognition and, by extension, that the SIGCIS got recognition for the new and diverse perspectives on computing history we are helping bring to SHOT.

Best,

Marie
Marie Hicks, Ph.D.
Asst. Professor, History of Technology