[SIGCIS-Members] Leslie Lamport 2013 Turing Award lecture

Dave Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 07:55:10 PDT 2015

I don't remember if this has been mentioned before on this list (please
forgive me if it has).  I was going through my to-read pile of journals
recently and noticed this publication in the June 2015 issue of the
Communications of the ACM (pp. 71-76).  Lamports says in the introduction:
"This is a personal view of the first dozen years of the history of the
field of concurrency--a view from today based on 40 years of hindsight.",
i.e., it is at least somewhat of a computing history paper (with technical
content).