[SIGCIS-Members] History of computing in cold war Eastern Europe, proceedings

Petri Paju petpaju at utu.fi
Tue Jan 20 23:08:17 PST 2015

Hello all,

Here's an update about the conference on history of computing in cold war Eastern Europe which also dealt with some computing museum experiences and took place at one, a Hungarian IT museum in Szeged.

Attached you can find some more detailed information from the Proceedings of the 8th IT STAR Workshop on History of
Computing,  19 September 2014 Szeged, Hungary, a book titled -for some other audience than us- History of Computing (!)

Included is my very short piece about IBM's operations in cold war Eastern Europe, something I hope to continue elsewhere.

If you want to order a copy, "please send an mail to info at starbus.org, providing the name, postal address and e-mail of the individual/organization that should  be invoiced for the order + the number of copies requested." I understand they'll make another print-run after they have collected enough orders (it's not a big number they need for that).

Summing up, it's a worthwhile source if you're interested in this direction.

Best,
Petri

Petri Paju
PhD, Univ. of Turku, Finland