[SIGCIS-Members] Silicon City

David Alan Grier grier at gwu.edu
Sat Dec 19 19:27:30 PST 2015

Paul
      The high line is close. The old bell labs building now houses  an arts center and the Labrynth Theatre, which was founded by Philip Seymor Hoffman among  others.  While many of the old partitions are gone you can see a lot of the old building including the Machine Shop the basement and the switching room.  The conclusion I took from my visit was how small it actually was.  When you read the old annual reports, you get the sense that it was a very big operation.  It's a pretty tight building that is really the same kind of facility as a 1920s engineering building at a university.

David

David Alan Grier
George Washington University

Sent from my iPhone