[SIGCIS-Members] Virtuality versus transprency -- trying to locate a quote about the difference

Nabeel Siddiqui nasiddiqui at email.wm.edu
Thu Oct 30 09:42:56 PDT 2014

Dear Tom,

I believe this is from an old 1978 poster that IBM released dealing with
virtual memory.  It is sometimes attributed to Scott Hammer, who worked at
William and Mary before I got here as a graduate student.  Here is him
explaining that this is the first time he saw it:
http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/92q3/seeit.html

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,
Nabeel Siddiqui