[SIGCIS-Members] Building an analog for class?/Thanks to list for prior help

David Alan Grier grier at gwu.edu
Tue May 13 19:08:31 PDT 2014

Andrew
	There are a lots of analog computers that one could build  Perhaps the simplest would be to use 741 op aps to solve differential equation problems.  They are not that hard to build if you have a circuits lab and know the basic of circuit theory.  Needless to say, the IEEE has a number of articles about how to build them.  For Example there is: IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON EDUCATION, VOL. 54, NO. 4, NOVEMBER 2011 An Analog Computer for Electronic Engineering Education Andrew L. Fitch, Herbert H. C. Iu,

DAG

David Alan Grier
Past President, IEEE Computer Society
http://video.dagrier.net

Center for International Science and Technology Policy
George Washington University
grier at gwu.edu