[SIGCIS-Members] Query re. readings on global history of computing

Nabeel Siddiqui nasiddiqui at email.wm.edu
Fri Dec 12 10:45:08 PST 2014

This resource is hidden away on the SIGCIS website in "History Resources"
and may be of service to some: http://rccs.usfca.edu/courselist.asp

It is a collection of syllabi on cyberculture.  A lot of the links are
broken, but there is still a lot of useful information, especially as you
move towards the present.  If anyone has links to similar tangential
resources, I think they could be immensely helpful.

Personally, I have found many of the older SIGCIS syllabi lacking in
coverage of games, handheld devices like phones, social media, and as Paul
has already noted, globalization.  I think the cyberculture syllabi cover
some of these topics although they are often less historically focused.

Sincerely,

Nabeel Siddiqui