[SIGCIS-Members] Bartik autobiography available / Colossus name?

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Wed Nov 13 14:18:59 PST 2013

SIGCIS'ers,

Jean Bartik's autobiography is now available at
http://tsup.truman.edu/item.asp?itemid=480. There is also an e-book
version at Amazon. (I recently learned that Kindle books can be read
through a browser or through an iOS/Android app -- you don't need a
Kindle device.)

Also: Does anyone know how the British Colossus computer got its name,
other than the general assumption "because it was big"...? I emailed
TNMOC about this. They wrote back and said they don't know and that
nobody ever asked.